History of the monument

The Romantic restoration. In the early 19th century, the château and its Medieval features were restored in the Romantic style. A new façade featuring machicolations and a bretèche overlooked a Gothic doorway.  A corner tower, a pepperpot turret to the south and a square tower to the east were added. In 1954, Marquis Henri de Pierre bequeathed the château and his collections to the French state, and the way the collections are presented was updated in 2006. 
The epitome of fine cabinetmaking. The furnishings are used as examples to illustrate lessons in fine arts and techniques taught as part of a French Higher Technical Diploma in Craftsmanship.


To ensure the safety of our visitors, the monument is strictly applying the security measures decided by the french authorities.
The monument is fully opened.

View more